[freetds] freebcp issue connecting to mssql

Michel Cunha mcunha at n-able.com
Tue Nov 14 13:44:24 EST 2006

Hi can someone help me with freebcp issue

Did freebcp work in the past with MSSQL server ?

Here the steps that I did:

1.create the bcp file

2.create the destination table
create table allo (col1 varchar(10))

3.create the format file
8.0
1
1 SQLCHAR 0 1 "\r\n" 1 col1 Latin1_General_CI_AS

4. run the command (Note that my DB is called mcunha, the table is called
mcunha)
freebcp mcunha..allo
in /var/lib/datafilemanager/dataping_aggregated/20061104/000233/datafile3
-S19x.1xx.xx.xxx:1433 -U xx -P xx -f/tmp/format

(Note that I change the IP in this email for security reasons :)

Then I get this error msg:
Msg -100, Level 11
unrecognized msgno

I look at google, did not find anything that was usefull

Can anyone help me with this issue ??

--
Regards,

Michel Cunha