[freetds] Mac OS X 10.4/FreeTDS .63/PHP 4.4.0 Configuration

Dennis Crall dennis-crall at uiowa.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:54:02 EDT 2005

Daniel,

Thank you. I was able to get the mssql_ calls working. Both by using the
dl() function, and by compiling php such that the mssql library was not a
shared library (--with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds).

However, I could not get the settings in the php.ini file to take effect.
This is one thing that has always confused me about PHP on OS X -- it
doesn't seem to use a php.ini file. By default there is a php.ini.default in
/private/etc/ . I saved a copy as php.ini, recompiled php with the correct
path, and restarted apache. This had no apparent effect.

Can someone explain what OS X uses in lieu of php.ini?

Also, can anyone recommend a good resource for configuring a PHP
installation? Normally, I think the php.net documentation is excellent, but
I think it falls a bit short in this area.

Again, I apologize for wandering off-topic. I'll take any further queries
off-line or to another forum.

Thank you for the help,

Denny