[freetds] DBD::Sybase connect problems

Michael Peppler mpeppler at peppler.org
Sat Mar 19 02:00:00 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 22:06, Khurt Williams wrote:
> I downloaded and compiled FreeTDS to access a SQL Server 2000 database
> from Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3.
>

> However whenever I connect to the database from Perl using the
> DBD::Sybase (1.05) I get the following error.
>
> -bash-2.05b$ ./db.pl
> cs_config(CS_LOC_PROP) failed at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 249.

The dynaloader bit is a red herring.

The issue is that the bootstrap code in DBD::Sybase tries to call
cs_config(CS_LOC_PROP) on the CS_CONTEXT, which isn't supported by
FreeTDS - hence the error (or warning, actually). As FreeTDS doesn't
support OpenClient CS_LOCALE stuff anyway the problem is irrelevant.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler  -  mpeppler at peppler.org  -  http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer