[freetds] Return the InsertID after an Insert?

Thompson, Bill D (London) bill_d_thompson at ml.com
Thu Mar 3 05:17:13 EST 2005

Shaun, Rob,

It looks like MySQL has a feature called an "AUTO_INCREMENT" column on
tables.
This looks very much like an identity column in SQL Server, AFAICT from
a quick google.
If this is what you're after, I'd do as Rob suggests.

You'd have to "select @@IDENTITY" after your insert and then bring the
value back into your program by binding and fetching, as you would in a
normal select.

Bill