[freetds] Compiling FreeTDS/dblib under Visual Studio

Piotr Kozaczewski piotr.kozaczewski at microgen.pl
Mon Jan 24 19:14:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I would like to use db-lib under WinXP and MUST use MSVC++.

I found a file ....../freetds-0.62.4/win32/msvc6/FreeTDS.dsw ,
loaded it into MSVC++ and built a project.

A directory ....../freetds-0.62.4/win32/msvc6/Debug has been created,
which contained FreeTDS.dll and FreeTDS.lib, and no other libraries any more.

My question:
1. Does FreeTDS.dll and FreeTDS.lib contain everything I need to use db_lib functionality?
2. If not, what should I do in order to build db_lib under MSVC++
    -- I did not find any .dsw files beyond the one mentioned above ?

Thans in advance.

Piotr Kozaczewski

piotr at kozaczewski@microgen.pl

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and may contain privileged or copyright information. Any views or
opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual sender,
Microgen.

If you are not the named or intended recipient of this email you
must not read, use or disseminate the information contained within
it for any purpose other than to notify us.  If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.

It is your responsibility to protect your system from viruses and
any other harmful code or device, we try to eliminate them from
emails and attachments, but accept no liability for any which remain.
We may monitor or access any or all emails sent to us.

In the event of technical difficulty with this email, please contact
the sender or it.support at microgen.co.uk

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk