[freetds] Binary columns problem

Ian Ashley iashley at picdar.com
Wed Oct 6 05:39:09 EDT 2004

I had already tried that and it didn¹t work. The code I use is shown below.
I have also tried including the \x00 within the buffer sent in case that was
the problem but to no avail. Any other ideas?

char buf[6] = "\x12\x34\x56\x78\x90";
SQLHANDLE stmtHandle = NULL;
SQLINTEGER ind = 5;

SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_STMT, connHandle, &stmtHandle);
SQLPrepare(stmtHandle, "UPDATE P_FILE1 SET P_NONKEYBYTES = ? WHERE P__URN =
1", SQL_NTS);
SQLBindParameter(stmtHandle, 1, SQL_PARAM_INPUT, SQL_C_BINARY, SQL_BINARY,
5, 0, buf, 0, &ind);
SQLExecute(stmtHandle);
SQLFreeStmt(stmtHandle, SQL_RESET_PARAMS);
SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_STMT, stmtHandle);

Cheers,
Ian