[freetds] RE: Bug in SQLNumResultCol function?

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Tue Jun 15 03:18:03 EDT 2004

> freddy77,
>
> After I did ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds
> --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/unixODBC as you suggested with the
> following
> configuration in /etc/odbcinst.ini
>
> [TDS]
> Description     = FreeTDS v0.63
> Driver          = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> Setup           = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> FileUsage       = 1
> Trace           = Yes
> TraceFile       = /tmp/sql.log

Section for trace settings should be ODBC, I think your odbcinst.ini
should be

[TDS]
Description     = FreeTDS v0.63
Driver          = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage       = 1

[ODBC]
Trace           = Yes
TraceFile       = /tmp/sql.log
ForceTrace      = Yes
Pooling         = No

> and /etc/odbc.ini
>
> [peregrine]
> Description     = Peregrine MS SQL Server
> Driver          = TDS
> Servername      = peregrine
> Trace           = Yes
> TraceFile       = /tmp/sql.log
> ForceTrace      = Yes
> Pooling         = No
>
> the command isql -v peregrine <username> <password> works fine.
> But the database link msticket in oracle to the MS SQL server
> peregrine
> still doesn't work. I run select * from "scProblem"@msticket
> in Oracle
> SQLPLUS
> and got the error:
> select * from "scProblem"@msticket
>               *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02068: following severe error from MSTICKET
> ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent
> using SID=%s
> ORA-28509: unable to establish a connection to non-Oracle system

Mmmm... I don't know Oracle, are you sure connection is set ok?

> The log sql.log didn't get created. I also did export
> TDSDUMP=/admin/home/oracle/freetds.log and the file
> freetds.log is empty.

It seems FreeTDS it's not trying to connect...

> I also turned on trace on the database link. Here is the trace from
> Oracle.

It's not clear to me. Try changing odbcinst.ini as specified.