OUT OF MEMORY PROBLEM WHEN RETRIEVING DATA FROM MS SQL SERVER

fossito hector at linux.it.teu.ac.jp
Tue Jul 17 04:40:47 EDT 2001

Hello,

I am new to databases (especially to Microsoft SQL Server). I am writing a
program (in PERL using the DBI module and the FreeTDS libraries) to
copy(replicate) data from a master server (SQL 2000 on Windows Server
2000) to a PostgreSQL 7.0 Server running on Linux.

I can connect, retrieve small chunks of data, etc.

The problem starts when I use a "SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE" query.

I receive either an "Out of memory" message or a "Segmentation Fault"
message. The segmentation fault appears only when I use the "SET TEXTSIZE
XXX" query.

One more question? Data to be copied is in JAPANESE. Do I have to set the
charset and language by myself?

I will appreciate any help or suggestion.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Hector