DBD Sybase + freeTDS installation problems on make test

David Pinfold david.pinfold at rim.co.uk
Wed Aug 9 11:21:18 EDT 2000

Hi,
I’m trying to install DBD Sybase onto my linux box to connect to SQL Server
7 on an NT box and am having a bit of diffuculty.

Here are the steps
1. I’ve installed the freeTDS libraries in /usr/local/freetds and set the
environment variable in the config file to SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds
2. I then ran perl Makefile.PL –Everything was ok except for
Note (probably harmless) : No library found for –lcs
	“”						“”			“”	    - lsybtcl
	“”						“”			“”	    - lcomn
	“”						“”			“”	    - lintl

3. I then ran make – Everything OK
4. I come make test and it fails on
5. t/autocommit……..connect: Network is unreachable
Can’t call method “do” on an undefined value at t/autocommit.t line 45.
Dubious
Test returned status 255

Has anyone any ideas on what is happening, I’ve edited the interfaces file
to suit my setup, and the result is this error.
I know the network connection is alright as i can ping the SQL Server
workstation.

Interfaces file

Test
	master tcp	ether	webtrends 1433