9 resons to love steve

Niclas Hedhman niclas at hedhman.org
Tue Nov 16 04:47:23 EST 2004


Reasons found below :o)

Thanks, Steve.

Niclas

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 17:37, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> I've gone radical and made a bunch of changes that I figured were better
> to put in place now ahead of a release as opposed to latter.
>
> To build:
>
>   $ ant clean
>   $ svn up
>
> Then delete any magic and/or transit files in ${user.home}/.ant/lib
>
>   $ ant setup
>   $ ant
>
> And here are the 10 reasons to hate me.
>
> 1. I've changed the group ids on all magic subprojects to dpml/magic to
>    follow the principal of magic as a top-level product.
>
> 2. I've changed properties in the compile spell from java.copmpile.* to
>    the project.compile.* convention
>
>    <target name="patch">
>      <replace summary="true" dir="."
>          token="java.compile"
>          value="project.compile" >
>        <include name="**/*.properties"/>
>      </replace>
>    </target>
>
> 3. I've changed properties in the junit spell from
>    project.test.compile.fork to project.test.fork
>
>    <target name="patch">
>      <replace summary="true" dir="."
>          token="project.test.compile.fork"
>          value="project.test.fork" >
>        <include name="**/*.properties"/>
>      </replace>
>    </target>
>
> 4. I've changed the package names from net.dpml.tools to
>    net.dpml.magic (also consitent with the top-level product
>    convention).
>
>    <target name="patch">
>      <replace summary="true" dir="."
>          token="net.dpml.tools"
>          value="net.dpml.magic" >
>        <include name="**/*.xml"/>
>        <include name="**/*.java"/>
>      </replace>
>    </target>
>
> 5. I've changed the build.xml antlib urn from "antlib:net.dpml.tools"
>    to "antlib:net.dpml.magic" to be consitent with package group and
>    package names.
>
>    <target name="patch">
>      <replace summary="true" dir="."
>          token="antlib:net.dpml.tools"
>          value="antlib:net.dpml.magic" >
>        <include name="**/build.xml"/>
>      </replace>
>    </target>
>
> 6. I've changed the root <x:home/> to <x:index/> for reasons of
>    consistency between user terminology and the underlying classes.
>
>    <target name="patch">
>      <replace summary="true" dir="."
>          token="x:home"
>          value="x:index" >
>        <include name="**/build.xml"/>
>      </replace>
>   </target>
>
> 7. The property spell no longer supports the 'property' attribute
>    instead - please use the 'name' attribute.
>
> 8. The property declaring magic's cache that is exposed to testcases
>    has been changed from 'project.repository.cache.path' to the
>    simpler 'project.cache'
>
>    <target name="patch">
>      <replace summary="true" dir="."
>          token="project.repository.cache.path"
>          value="project.cache" >
>        <include name="**/*.java"/>
>      </replace>
>   </target>
>
> 9. It's running faster which makes it real hard to read messages
>    for anyone over 35.
>
> Steve.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> dev-dpml mailing list
> dev-dpml at lists.ibiblio.org
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/dev-dpml

-- 
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /
 / http://niclas.hedhman.org / 
+------//-------------------+




More information about the dev-dpml mailing list