[compostteas] Re: [compost_tea] Archives: Nose against the candy store window - New alternate location and format for a copy of some of the 2003-2004 archives plus enhanced search capability with Google

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Tue Apr 13 18:08:20 EDT 2004

chriscreid wrote:

> Thanks to Seaneen for posting her info on pH.  Seaneen, if you had
> more info in the original post and have it on your computer, could
> you repost it?
>
> The archives are not getting any easier to search.

Try this link:

The older, original archives for this forum, the compostteas list, are here FWIW:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/compostteas/

I plan to improve on this using better archiving software.

I have all the space I can use to house these and other archives for this list.
If anyone has a complete archive for compost_tea from the time it started on Yahoo
and can put it on CD and mail it ot me I will put the entire thing online.
It will have to be in the format used by Netscape, Mozilla, Agent and a few other mail client software packages,
Unix mail files OK too in case anyone is using Linux. As for Netscape or Mozilla, for example, I need one of the two files it creates
for a mail folder, a text file, always the biggger of the two and it can have a file extension or not. The complete archives will be a
file in excess of 50 megs or so; just burn it onto a CD.

I can create message archives like this out of any email or text data converted to email format. This would be useful in creating archives
on specific topics, i.e. brewer manufacturers, materials used in making compost tea, etc. Find or create email on that topic and save it all
to a folder then copy the text file to a CD and mail it to me for conversion to an online archive.  Examples of this exist here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/CompostCompostteaSoilfoodweb

One benefit of having archives for this list at this alternate location is that all information contained therein gets indexed by Google
and other search engines enabling you to search effectively for the information you are seeking. Google indexes all info on ibiblio very
thoroughly. Try it out at this search URL (I can improve on this also):  http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/google-lists.html

> I tried to find Seaneen's original post on her pH problem and spent
> at least 10 minutes trying to come up with the right search term
> ("Seaneen" seemed to work best) -- never found the post.  The server
> cut out on me twice - once with a message saying there was no more
> storage room, and another time saying the list was temporarily
> available.  I gave up.  Multiple searches are necessary because the
> server only searches a limited number of posts at a time.
>
> Serious students of compost tea may want to keep digests in a folder
> on your hard drive or zipped on a compact disk.  Much easier to deal
> with.
>
> Chris Reid

LL
--