[Compostteas] chromas

Dave Robison drobison at teleport.com
Tue Jul 16 11:48:55 EDT 2002

At 07:22 PM 7/15/02 -0400, Allan wrote:
>Why would bd chromas be useful/appropriate for Ingham-style tea?

I don't think it would be useful. Thank you, Will, for the interesting
background.
The need is for a quick, easy way to decide if one has brewed a good tea.
The suggestion was that maybe a paper chromatography method would provide
such a method. If someone wants to try, go ahead. I haven't tried a chroma
on tea, but my experience on compost matches what Will is saying -- you get
a brown humic blob that is difficult to interpret but may tell you
something about humic compounds. I don't see how it would tell you anything
about bacteria/fungal levels.