DOAP

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Tue Jul 20 18:12:36 EDT 2004

Andy Powell wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
>>I've heard that explanation before, I'm being a jerk and grousing.  My
>>preference would be for fuzziness over lack of interoperability.  I find
>>it telling that this question from
>><http://rdfweb.org/topic/UsingDublinCoreCreator> goes unanswered:
>
> I'd be interested to know if you find the draft DCMI Abstract Model at
>
> http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/abstract-model/
>
> helpful with respect to these issues.

(dc:creator with a literal value is shorthand for saying the dc:creator
is an anonymous resource with a rdfs:label of the specified literal value.)

I find such a convenient rule a bit troubling for the same reason I find
the psuedocode rule for the equivalence of dc:creator with a literal
value and a foaf:maker with a foaf:name of the same literal spoken
mentioned above -- these rules aren't expressed in the relevant schemas.
     I'm sure there are excellent reasons, though it feels unfortunate
to require software to special case such informal rules.  Has anyone
created a RDF library, or schema (using OWL equivalence?) that attempts
to encapsulate such rules?

--
   Mike Linksvayer