WordPress, Gnu-Gpl blog

Lorenzo De Tomasi lorenzo.detomasi at creativecommons.it
Wed Feb 18 12:14:10 EST 2004

http://wordpress.org/

Similar to MovableType, it is interesting because it has been released
under a Gnu-Gpl free License and focuses on web standards.

---
WordPress was born out of a desire for an elegant, well-architectured
personal publishing system built on PHP and MySQL and licensed under
the GPL. It is the official successor of b2/cafelog. WordPress is fresh
software, but its roots and development go back to 2001. It is a mature
and stable product. We hope by focusing on web standards and user
experience we can create a tool different from anything else out there.