CC metadata in PDFs, images with XMP

Mike Linksvayer ml at
Fri Feb 13 20:12:50 EST 2004

FYI, copy of <>.  I realized
that I should've posted here first.  Apologies, and criticism still very
welcome --

You can now add Creative Commons license metadata to PDFs and image
files, enabled by XMP[1] (eXtensible Metadata Platform). XMP is an
open, RDF/XML-based format developed by Adobe for managing metadata
embedded in files.

Please see information[2] about Creative Commons metadata in XMP,
instructions[3] for marking files with Creative Commons metadata for
users of Adobe's Creative Suite, and a "custom panel[4]" to enhance
viewing of Creative Commons metadata within Adobe apps.

We've also posted a related technology challenge[5]: add XMP and
Creative Commons licensing support to open source apps, including Open

   Mike Linksvayer