[cc-licenses] Attempt to restate my ideas for a stronger copyleft for BY-SA 4.0+ in alternate language

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Jan 20 19:50:42 EST 2012

Attempt to restate my ideas for a stronger copyleft for BY-SA 4.0+ in
alternate language

I am doing this because once again, in a recent discussion or two, just as I
felt we might be making progress towards clarifying what I am trying to get
at, the discussion ended for no reason that I could discern.

See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

4. Restrictions. The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made
subject to and limited by the following restrictions:

a. ...
b. ...
c. ...
d. ...

Add e below:

e. You do not have any of the rights granted in 3 above if you have any legal
means to restrict the Licensor's rights to deal with any resulting works in
the manner in which you deal with them and do not license those rights freely
to any and everyone. Or if anyone else has any legal means to restrict the
Licensor's rights to deal with any resulting works in the manner in which
they deal with them and do not license those rights freely to any and
everyone.

Practically speaking, this means that any adaptations have to be BY-SA and and
collections have to be Free works and all parts of collections have to be
Free works as if they are not, you do not have a license to make the
adaptations as per 1.a. or the copies needed for the collections nor the
rights to incorporate them into said collections as per 1.b.

On a side note, 1.b.

'"Collection" means a collection of literary or artistic works, such as
encyclopedias and anthologies, or performances, phonograms or broadcasts, or
other works or subject matter other than works listed in Section 1(f) below,'

but 1.f says:

'"Licensor" means the individual, individuals, entity or entities that
offer(s) the Work under the terms of this License.'

What should 1.b be pointing to?