[cc-licenses] Use of derivatives by original author.

longdead longdead at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 22:24:46 EDT 2005

I am trying to figure out if any of the licenses would allow the
original author the right to both sell their work and sell the work of
any derivative no matter who makes it.  For example, if I write a story
and someone contributes to it I would want to be able to sell both the
original and the derivative, while restricting any who makes a
derivative to release only non-commercially and under the share alike
provisions.

It seems like the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License would
require the original author to be forced to use derivatives
non-commercially.  Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for any help

Matt Carr
http://longdead.net