[cc-licenses] My feelings on GFDL compatibility

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Nov 20 15:22:00 EST 2005

Rob Myers wrote:
> So FDL compatibility would have to be a CO module. Which is the same
> as dual-licensing apart from affective derivatives until they are
> given to the FDL.

A new module may be the best we can get :-(

I am just not comfortable with my BY-SA work having invariant sections
added on top. It is not what I intended when I made it BY-SA.

This is a difficult question. You saw that I started out strongly in
favour. But as I've heard arguments and investigated the GFDL, I've
changed my mind and become opposed. Of course, I reserve the right to
change my mind agian :)  But right this minute I feel fairly strongly
against.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--