AW: New SRR tag

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Thu Apr 22 18:41:39 EDT 2004

Evan Prodromou wrote:
> I believe using:
>
>    http://creativecommons.org/images/public/somerights
>
> ...will do content negotiation and return the most appropriate button.
>
> Actually, now that I look, it returns the GIF data, tagged as
> HTML. Weirdness!

I'd have to look into the reason for that bit of weirdness.  It probably
should return a 404.  I understand there was an early decision to not
support content negotiation for license image format so as to minimize
the work done by the server hosting the images, as eventually billions
and billions of pages will include CC license button images.

--
   Mike Linksvayer