[cc-devel] Announcing liblicense 0.8 (important)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Thu Jul 31 03:15:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> Brown paper bag release: liblicense claims that the RDF predicate for a
> file's license is http://creativecommons.org/ns#License rather than
> http://creativecommons.org/ns#license.  Only the latter is correct.
>
> Any code compiled with liblicense between 0.6 and 0.7.1 (inclusive)
> contains this mistake.

Now is a good time to discuss how you can help liblicense.

First of all, you might try it!  Tell us what you think of its
functionality and interface.

Secondly, you might integrate it into your application.  I'm CC:ing Kees
who said he was thinking of trying to hook it into Inkscape.

Finally, you can help us improve our test cases.

There are two ways to do this.  First of all, fix the existing test suite
so that it runs properly (with 0 tests failing) when the library is not
installed system-wide.  I think that there is some issue with module
selection currently in that situation.

The other way is to extend the test suite: the current one doesn't cover
all file types, and we would really do well to be able to say, "PDF
support was first added to the automatic test suite on August 7 2008, and
from then on every release passed those tests."

And now I will go to Argentina.

-- Asheesh.

--
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.