[cc-community] Commercial Rights Reserved

Kat Walsh kat at creativecommons.org
Mon Dec 10 14:27:04 EST 2012

There is one piece of the recent NC/ND announcements I'd like to call
particular attention to.

One of the open proposals is to change the name of the NonCommercial
license to "Commercial Rights Reserved". I've put together a page on
the wiki (also linked in the previous email) with a description of the
proposal and some arguments for and against--you can find it at
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Commercial_Rights_Reserved

(I've seen several people comment on and link to it already; thank you!)

This would be a pretty big change, and we're hesitant to do it unless
there is strong support. We'd like to hear broader input on it to be
able to make a decision--please let us know what you think!

Cheers,
Kat

--
Kat Walsh, Counsel, Creative Commons