[cc-community] Children's Book Illustrations under a CC-BY License

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:18:55 EDT 2009

2009/6/15 Gautam John <gautam at prathambooks.org>:
> Hello!
>
> The last time around we released a set of books under a CC-BY-SA-NC
> license and we've now decided to take it further.
>
> Starting this week, we'll try and put up the illustrations to one book
> a week under a CC-BY license. We've started with these:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/prathambooks/sets/72157619683472553/
>
> Please let me know if we can do better and if so, how we can do better.

Hi Gautam,

Wow! What a great batch of bright illustrations. I am especially
impressed that you are switching to the CC-BY license. Thanks for your
generosity and I hope to see some interesting adaptations.

Would these be available in a vector format (such as SVG) at all? I
know Flickr doesn't accept SVGs but I know a place that does. :)

Best,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/