[cc-community] attribution and pseudonym/nickname

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Wed Nov 19 12:00:45 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Federico Morando
<federico.morando at gmail.com> wrote:
> (All that having been said, I do not know whether lawyers may find some
> legal problems with respect to the fact that the licensor is just
> identified by a pseudonym. I guess this is not a big problem, but here
> I'm less confident.)

IANAL, but CC licenses explicitly mention pseudonyms, eg in 4(b) of
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

"If You Distribute, or Publicly Perform the Work or any Adaptations or
Collections, You must, unless a request has been made pursuant to
Section 4(a), keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and
provide, reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the
name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if
supplied..."

--
 http://support.creativecommons.org help us
 build http://creativecommons.org/asharedculture