[cc-community] CC needs a default form of attribution?

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.name
Mon Apr 28 13:53:13 EDT 2008

Chris Watkins wrote:
> From iterating toward openness - Why Not CC By?
> <http://opencontent.org/blog/archives/366>:  'The Attribution
> requirement of all CC licenses, including CC By, states "You must
> attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor."
> Now, I ask you - have you ever seen a page with a CC license that
> specifies how the work should be attributed?'
That's just bad writing in the license deeds, and I wish it were
changed. The attribution requirement says that you must show the name of
the author or designated organization, the original title, note any
changes you've made, and a licensing URL if it's included. Licensors are
not free to make up weird attribution demands on their own.

-Evan