[cc-community] Do you know about case study on why it is better to use CC instead of full Copyright?

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía lion05 at mac.com
Wed May 16 11:52:49 EDT 2007

Hi Dessi,

This is a report made by IBM that was made available under a CC license.

http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/www_innovate.nsf/images/gio-ip/
$FILE/building_a_new_ip_marketplace-report.pdf

In this case, IBM thought that what is goog for the industry is good
for her and the more the word about this work is spread, the more it
will benefit IBM in the end.

Also, there is another example, applied to scientific digital
libraries, that are in the process of adopting CC licenses as a
standard for the publications that are willing to be indexed and
available through this service. The site is in spanish but might help
you for a screenshot or to illustrate your point. The site is http://
www.redalyc.org . This is a site for a network of science magazines
that sees the value of CC licensing in that it aids and simplifies
citation and distribution of knowledge. As researchers, they are most
interested on being cited as many times as they can.

I think it all depends on the kind of information they're generating
and the final destination it is sought to have for such information.

Bes,