[cc-community] Obtaining and releasing documentary interview footage under 3.0 Attribution?

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Mon Jul 9 23:24:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 00:59 +0100, Peter O'Brien wrote:
> Hi List, I've edited it slightly on what i posted yesterday. Here's
> the update. Any direction or feedback would be gratefully received.
> Thanks.
>

> INTERVIEW RELEASE FORM
>
> I hereby confirm and agree that I am aware that my contribution will
> be recorded on film and that I have consented to contribute my
> interview to the {project name} and that {project name} may licence
> the recording, all or in part, under the terms set out by the
> "Creative Commons By 3.0 Licence" overleaf.
>
> I understand this means it may be made freely available to anyone
> throughout the world, for broadcast over any medium throughout the
> world, and that it may be edited freely in any such use.
>
> My contribution has, to the best of my knowledge, been truthful and
> honest.  I have not deliberately sought to conceal any relevant facts.
>
> Yours faithfully,
>

> ………………………………………………………       Date:

While this is slightly different from what CC Taiwan has done (Jedi, can
you provide link), it is cool nonetheless. Have you posted this to
scribd.com or any other sites?

What other types of documents like this do people want to see in and
around CC licensing? It always helps to know where demand is located ;)

Jon

> [...]
>
>                         you can have a look at the presentation @
>                         http://creativecommons.org.au/aidc and it is
>                         under an australian attribution 2.5 licence so
>                         feel free to reuse it too ^_^
>
>                         thanks
>

>                         _elliott
>

>                         elliott bledsoe
>
>                         project officer
>

>                         [ Creative Commons Australia ]
>
>                         part of the Creative Commons international
>                         initiative
>

>                         +61 7 3138 9597
>
>                         0433328462
>

>                         elliott at creativecommons.org.au
>
>                         http://creativecommons.org.au
>

>                         Creative Commons in Australia is part of the
>                         funded research under the
>                         Australian Research Council Centre of
>                         Excellence for Creative Industries and
>                         Innovation.
>                         The ccClinc is part of the Creative Workforce
>                         research program and the CC + OCL models
>                         research stream is part of the Legal and
>                         Regulatory Impasses and Innovations research
>                         program.
>
>                         www.cci.edu.au
>

>                         Jon Phillips wrote:
>                         > On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:45 +0200, Peter O'Brien wrote:
>                         >
>                         > > Dear list,
>                         > >
>                         > > Could anybody guide me as to obtaining and releasing interviewee
>                         > > footage under Creative
>                         > > Commons 3.0 Attribution Licence(
>                         > >
>                         > > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ ) ?
>                         > >
>                         > > Is it even possible to do this?  Is there a release form in existence
>                         > > that I could use, for interviewees to sign, that broadcasters would be
>                         > > able to accept from any projects using any of the footage?  Are there
>                         > >
>                         > >
>                         > > any projects out there doing this already - with this license?
>                         > > Im british and my first desire would be for the footage to be able
>                         > > pass British broadcasters legal obligations however a global passing´,
>                         > > or as much of one as possible, would of course be much more desirable.
>                         > >
>                         > >
>                         > >
>                         > Heya, let me get back to you on this...I think this is a great idea, and
>                         > there have been some efforts wrt to this...I'm checking with CC's GC,
>                         > and others on best practices...
>                         >
>                         >
>                         >
>                         > until then, from the archives:
>                         > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-community/2006-December/001406.html
>                         >
>                         >
>                         >
>                         >
>                         > Jon
>                         >
>                         >
>                         > > Any answers, advice or referals would be greatly appreciated.

Jon Phillips
jon at creativecommons.org
cell: 510.499.0894

Community/Business Developer
Creative Commons
www.creativecommons.org

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice.  Creative Commons cannot and does not give legal advice.
You need to assess the suitability of Creative Commons' tools for
your particular situation, which may include obtaining appropriate
legal advice from a licensed attorney.