[cc-community] URL attribution requirements

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Tue Jul 6 00:21:48 EDT 2004

James Grimmelmann said:
> At 01:04 PM 7/4/2004, Greg London wrote:
>> > unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice
>> > or licensing information for the Work;

> You could create a directory, say
> http://www.greglondon.com/licenses/

Hm, what if my front page had a link titled
"Copyright Notices and Licensing Information"
You click on it and it takes you to the /licenses/ subdirectory?

The "attribution" URL could be www.greglondon.com
which would then have the link "copyright notices ...",
which takes you to the actual notices and licenses.

I'm not sure if this redirection would qualify for attribution,
or if "refer to" is strictly taken to mean
"points to the actual notice/license, not a link to that info"