[b-hebrew] actual Hebrew question about Daniel 9:25

Seth Knorr ftbaccounts at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 17:16:52 EDT 2006

Karl,

  I to believe that Christ fulfilled all six purposes on the cross. However, there are many scholars that assert that these purpose do not need to all be fulfilled inside the seventy weeks. I wanted to verify if there was any validity at all to this view, in view of the context and text used in the passage.

  Regards,

  Seth Knorr

K Randolph <kwrandolph at gmail.com> wrote:
  Seth:

It can be argued that Jesus fulfilled all these requirements. To
reiterate, "to restrain (the same word as to put in prison) the rebel,
to seal up (as a seal on a letter) errors, to cover (often used as a
synonym for forgiveness) perversion, to cause to come the just one of
eons, to seal up (again as on a letter, as if to say that it is
finished) vision and prophecy, and to anoint the set apart (one) of
the set aparts." Depending on your theology, you could say that Jesus
fulfilled all of these with his death on the cross and resurrection.

Yet the destruction of Jerusalem is mentioned at the end of the
seventy sevens, implying that this is not the end of the world.

Karl W. Randolph.