Latin perplexity

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at
Thu Aug 22 16:34:06 EDT 2002

I am forwarding both this and Rod's other message in edited format to the
list preparatory to deleting the MIME-formatted messages from the archives.
Will list-members PLEASE REFRAIN from sending MIME-formatted messages to
the list! cwc

>Subject: [b-greek] Latin perplexity
>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:48:52 -0400
>From: bgreek at
>To: Biblical Greek <b-greek at>
>What should one conclude regarding a Greek NT text prefaced with this
>>Textus secundum III. editionem UBS, omnino cum XXVI. et XXVII. editionibus
>Novi Testamenti
>>Graece, Nestle et Aland editoribus, concors, praeter minutias
>Though I don't "read" Latin, I think I can sort out that it refers to both
>the UBS3 and NA26/27 texts. Yet when I compare any of the UBS editions (1,
>2, 3, 4) and NA 25, 26, 27, the text given does not exactly match any of
>them (at least in Mark 1 which I compared).
>It's online at <> (Unicode
>format and in MS html help file format, so you'll need new enough software
>to read it; don't know if a Mac can open this file or not.) See the link
>a) Polytonic Unicode texts of the Greek New Testament and Septuagint
>Rodney J. Decker, Th.D., Associate Prof/NT, Baptist Bible Seminary
>Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, USA
><> or <>
>PURL: <>
>Email: <rdecker> at <> (Sorry, but you'll have to
>"reassemble" the "spam-proofed" address given here. Use this for
>your address book, not the "Reply to" address in the header since
>that may change frequently.)

Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List
cwconrad at OR cwconrad at