wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:37:54 -0500

Hi everyone,

I hope this grey day hasn’t gotten you too down. Even if it has, I’ve got good news for you: WXYC has lots of bright and exciting programming coming up this week!

Tune in to the Inside Track, tonight at 9pm, for Light Wave: Today & Tomorrow, a compilation of sun-kissed, funkalicious Japanese pop music ca. 2014, featuring artists born in the 90s. This release seems like a second wave of the City Pop that was coming out of Japan in the 70s and 80s. This music is a lot of fun!

On tonight's New Science Experience we've got an hour of slowed down house and digitally chopped 'n screwed tracks from DJ Candy Boys, then a disco and house freak-out from Beto Terwilliger lined up. Tune in from 10pm to midnight!

This week on the Backyard BBQ, your host DJ Mucho Mango is back and will be serving up some fresh local tunes from 8pm-9pm. SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Do you like Sports? Do you like Rap? Too bad! Because Sports Rap is almost entirely about Sports! This week on Sports Rap, Sunday from 9 to 10pm: has football reached its End Times? Can Lebron shoot? If a tree falls in a forest, and no one's there to hear it, did Steph Curry still make a three? This plus much, much more on Sports Rap!

On Monday’s Outside Track, at 9pm, we’ll be featuring a new release from Final Cop, a side project of experimental/industrial electronics guys German Army. They create a corrosive, abrasive onslaught that's much more blackened punk and noise rock than GeAr, but the basics are still there: powerful basslines and lurching, lumbering rhythms, with crunchy guitars and bellowed, reverb-laden megaphone vocals.

And you won’t want to miss next week’s Thursday Night Feature, Thursday from 9pm to midnight, when DJs Katie H and Peter S host a reveal of the top twenty releases of 2015 as voted by WXYC DJs!