wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 17:36:03 -0500

Hi everyone,

Take a look at a few of the shows we have coming up on WXYC this coming week:

On tonight's New Science Experience, Beto Terwilliger will be serving an eclectic mix of gay house, freestyle grooves, and sexy R&B jams. Tune in from 10pm to midnight!

Jane DW hosts her monthly Orange County Special.Tune in for an excellent selection of folk music this Sunday from 11am to 1pm.

Stay tuned for Broken Music this Sunday at 2pm. This week, we'll be playing selections from Harry Bertoia's Sonambient LPs. Bertoia, an Italian-American sound artist and furniture manufacturer, installed hundreds of "sounding pieces" - gongs, wires, and 'singing bars' -  in an old barn beginning in the 1960s. The Sonambient LPs document his performances there.

On this week on the Backyard BBQ, DJ Much Mango will be playing some cool local tunes. Check it out on Sunday from 8-9pm!

+++ And Sports Rap, Sunday 9-10pm: are millennials ruining sports? That and not much more this week on Sports Rap!+++