wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 20:36:53 -0400

Heyyyy,

Check out some of the stuff we have coming up on WXYC this week:

On tonight’s Outside Track, at 9pm, we’ll be hearing Jamie XX’s new album In Colour. This album is full of some hard-hitting club jams with a melancholic twist.

After that, we're bringing the club to you on tonight's very special broadcast of the New Science Experience! Tune in from 10pm to midnight to hear the sounds from the Wild At Night party at the Nightlight in Chapel Hill. Expect dark and brooding vibes from Raleigh artists Eyes Low and Blursome and hypnotizing rhythms from their collaborative project Choked Out. The broadcast will also feature DJ support from DJ duo Hot Local Teens.

On Hell or High Water, Sunday 1-2pm, we’ll be listening to various girl groups from 1960s and 70s Detroit. Tune in to hear some R&B, soul, and Motown from groups like the Primettes, the Kittens, Corvells, and more!

Broken Music, 2-3pm on Sunday, will be a tribute to American jazz saxophonist, violinist, trumpeter, and composer Ornette Coleman.

On a special Father's Day edition of Sports Rap, Sunday 9-10pm, your host and his dad will be discussing the conclusion of the NBA finals, the end of the Stanley Cup Finals, and what it's like to grow up an NC State fan and then go to Carolina. Calls are encouraged from dads or for sports stories about dads!

And Monday’s Inside Track, 9-10pm, will feature the Supreme Jubilees. Originally starting off as a traditional gospel quartet from Fresno, CA in the late 1970s, the Supreme Jubilees are a Christian soul group. Tune in for smooth bass riffs, funky drumming and ~heavenly~ vocals.