wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] WXYC Is Hiring NEW DJS!!!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] WXYC Is Hiring NEW DJS!!!
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:07:21 -0400

Hello folks,

Do you like music and learning new things? Do you enjoy sharing those things and sounds with other people? If so, there's a good chance you'd love being a WXYC DJ... and luckily, we're hiring! Prior experience is neither necessary nor expected.

*If you're interested in learning more about WXYC, you can:*

– come to our open house on this coming Tuesday, August 26th, from 5-6pm
in room 3420 of the Student Union, and/or
   – come to our interest meeting on this coming Tuesday, August 26th, at 6pm  on the steps of Wilson Library, and/or
   – visit www.wxyc.org to listen in and get a feel for what we do, and/or
   – tune in at 89.3 FM.

NOTE: The interest meeting is on August 26th at 6PM ON THE STEPS OF WILSON LIBRARY. Some promotional materials state that the meeting is at 7pm; this is incorrect.

At our interest meeting, we'll explain what it's like to be a WXYC DJ, answer questions, and hand out applications. Brief, 10-minute interviews will take place either that evening or on Wednesday – your choice! If you're interested in applying but have a conflict of some kind, just email info AT wxyc.org and we'll send you an application and set up an interview time.

You can join our Facebook hiring event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/742512382477346/

Here are some quick facts about WXYC:

WXYC is comprised of around 100 active student DJs each semester, and boasts over 70,000 pieces of music within the station library. The station broadcasts live from the UNC Frank Porter Graham Student Union 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year. WXYC is credited with the first internet radio broadcast in the world.

We are looking for students with an interest in a variety of musical genres who are willing to explore new music and expand their tastes.

We hope to see you there!

love,
WXYC 89.3 FM

  • [wxyc-announce] WXYC Is Hiring NEW DJS!!!, wxyc-announce, 08/24/2014