wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] WXYC is Hiring New DJs

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] WXYC is Hiring New DJs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:45:55 -0500

WXYC is hiring new DJs for Spring 2014! No prior experience is necessary. All UNC students are welcome to apply.

WXYC is comprised of around 100 active student DJs a semester and boast over 70,000 pieces of music within the station library.The station broadcasts live from the UNC Frank Porter Graham Student Union 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. WXYC is credited with the first internet radio broadcast in the world.

We are looking for students with an interest in a variety of musical genres who are willing to explore new music and expand their tastes.

We will be holding an interest meeting on Tuesday the 14th in room 3408 in the Union at 6:00 pm. At the interest meeting we will discuss basic info about the station, our mission and what we expect from new DJs. You will also get an application and sign up for a short, 10 minute interview time.

We'll also be holding two open houses before the interest meeting at 5:00 p.m. on Monday the 13th and 5:00 p.m. Tuesday the 14th. Head to the back of the third floor of the Union to get a tour of the station and have any of your questions answered.

If you can't make the meeting but are still interested in applying, or if you have any other questions, please contact us at: info AT wxyc.org

For more information about our station, please see our website at www.wxyc.org

xoxo,
WXYC 89.3 FM

  • [wxyc-announce] WXYC is Hiring New DJs, wxyc-announce, 01/10/2014