wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This wee on WXYC: Cy Rawls, Robbie Basho, Totziles

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This wee on WXYC: Cy Rawls, Robbie Basho, Totziles
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hear the music of the natives of the highlands of Mexico on the Inside
Track, where a new album is played in it's entirety. Tzotziles:
Psalms, Stories and Music is out now on Sub Rosa -- tune in Monday at
9pm. On Friday at 9, hear Bonn Ist Supreme -- a live recording of
acoustic guitar virtuoso Robbie Basho's 1980 concert in Bonn, Germany.

The New Music show, hosted by Music Director Jon P, ensures that
Wednesday evening will be filled with exciting recent releases,
strarting at 9pm.

Cy Rawls was and will always remain a beloved member of our DJ
community. His untimely departure greatly saddens us all. Although a
mere three hours could never do justice to his memory, we'd like to
celebrate his passion for music and dedication to WXYC in this
Thursday Night Feature. Hosted by Dan Partridge, 9pm.

Also, this week and every week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FEATURE
three hours of music on a single topic
Thursdays, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL
tradiitonal and neo-traditional music of the world
Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m

HELL OR HIGHWATER
music from deep in the Southern Folklife collection.
Sundays, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

BROKEN MUSIC
difficult or longer pieces live here
Sundays, 2 p.m to 3 p.m.

SPORTS RAP
WXYC's sports talk show
Sundays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
a live electronic mix
Sundays, 10 p.m. to midnight

wxyc 89.3 fm
--

  • [wxyc-announce] This wee on WXYC: Cy Rawls, Robbie Basho, Totziles, wxyc-announce, 10/13/2008