wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Killer Filler, Dead Child, Project BLUEBIRD, Gas Prices and the UNC Music Library.

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Killer Filler, Dead Child, Project BLUEBIRD, Gas Prices and the UNC Music Library.
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 03:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

Do you like collecting, classifying, and archiving things? So do we! Heather W. sounds the depths of UNC's own Music Library, the highest-ranked music library in the southeast, boasting over 30,000 LPs and other rare recordings. Tune in at 9pm on Thursday to hear this feature on the aptly named Thursday Night Feature.

Hey what about them gas prices? Hey I mean how does that shit work anyway? Hey, can I hear a crazy sounding thing? If you've ever found yourself asking these questions, you'll want to hear this. What's this, you say? The Feedback Farm. Wednesday at 9pm.

What about that there Back Yard Barbecue? What about it? Yeah, it's on every Sunday at 8pm. Yeah, it features awesome local music. It's got live bands and live interviews. This week Killer Filler is going to be on. So deal with it.

Also, on Monday and Friday at 9pm for the Inside Track, where a new record is played in it's entirety. On Friday. we are playing something called Project BLUEBIRD. According to Wikipedia, "Project BLUEBIRD was the cryptonym for a CIA program involving special interrogation methods, including the use of drugs, hypnosis, and isolation. " Clearly, this must just be a coincidence. On Monday we have Attack, the debut album from Dead Child, a metal band featuring members of Slint.

This week and every week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FEATURE
three hours of music on a single topic
Thursdays, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL
tradiitonal and neo-traditional music of the world
Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m

HELL OR HIGHWATER
music from deep in the Southern Folklife collection.
Sundays, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

BROKEN MUSIC
difficult or longer pieces live here
Sundays, 2 p.m to 3 p.m.

SPORTS RAP
WXYC's sports talk show
Sundays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
a live electronic mix
Sundays, 10 p.m. to midnight

wxyc 89.3 fm
--

  • [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Killer Filler, Dead Child, Project BLUEBIRD, Gas Prices and the UNC Music Library., wxyc-announce, 06/04/2008