wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Melodica, Cooking, Boredoms and Brotzmann

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Melodica, Cooking, Boredoms and Brotzmann
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 03:42:59 -0400 (EDT)

1 cup samples
1/4 oz. effects pedals
2 cups commentary
5 lbs. (dry) technical difficulties
1 pinch of credibility (optional, to taste)

Pre-heat your radio to 89.3 FM. Then be sure to get out your deluxe whisk set and pick a
monosyllabic spice-throwing mantra in anticipation of this week's Feedback Farm! With
help from professional and (many more) amateur foodsmiths alike, the Farmers whip up a
batch of audio delights and helpful(?) guidance on the subject of COOKING. 9PM WEDNESDAY.

Love that whimsical instrument we call the melodica? So does Luke B.! Tune into the Thursday Night Feature this Thursday at 9pm to hear three hours of the whimsical Melodica! Whimsy!

Also, on Monday and Friday at 9pm for the Inside Track, where a new record is played in it's entirety. On Friday, we have the latest by the legendary Boredoms: a record, lovingly named Super Roots 9. And then, on the next Monday we have some Jazz for you as Peter Brotzmann & Peeter Uuskyla unleash Born Broke.

This week and every week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FEATURE
three hours of music on a single topic
Thursdays, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL
tradiitonal and neo-traditional music of the world
Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m

HELL OR HIGHWATER
music from deep in the Southern Folklife collection.
Sundays, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

BROKEN MUSIC
difficult or longer pieces live here
Sundays, 2 p.m to 3 p.m.

SPORTS RAP
WXYC's sports talk show
Sundays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
a live electronic mix
Sundays, 10 p.m. to midnight

wxyc 89.3 fm

--

  • [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Melodica, Cooking, Boredoms and Brotzmann, wxyc-announce, 05/21/2008