wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Tropicalia Diaspora, Blues Control, and Benga

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Tropicalia Diaspora, Blues Control, and Benga
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 00:43:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Thursday night at 9pm, we have a fun Thursday Night Feature on the Tropicália Diaspora. Deja vu? Did I say that last week? Well, this week, seriously, I mean it, It's going down. The Brazilian-based musical, artistic and social movement Tropicália influenced pop music in its native land and abroad. Bryson R. hosts an exploration of Tropicália's reaches and lesser known artists.

Also, on Monday and Friday at 9pm for the Inside Track, where a new record is played in it's entirety. On Friday, we have Puff, the new album from Blues Control. Then, next Monday, we have Diary of an Afro Warrior by Benga. Needless to say, you should plan accordingly.

This week and every week:

THURSDAY NIGHT FEATURE
three hours of music on a single topic
Thursdays, 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL
tradiitonal and neo-traditional music of the world
Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m

HELL OR HIGHWATER
music from deep in the Southern Folklife collection.
Sundays, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

BROKEN MUSIC
difficult or longer pieces live here
Sundays, 2 p.m to 3 p.m.

SPORTS RAP
WXYC's sports talk show
Sundays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
a live electronic mix
Sundays, 10 p.m. to midnight

wxyc 89.3 fm

  • [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC: Tropicalia Diaspora, Blues Control, and Benga, wxyc-announce, 05/14/2008