wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] HAUNTED HOUSE Live Tonight

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] HAUNTED HOUSE Live Tonight
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:26:48 -0500 (EST)

WXYC 89.3 FM in Chapel Hill and live on the web at http://www.wxyc.org

Tune in tonight between 8 and 9 p.m. for a live on-air interview with Minneapolis musician HAUNTED HOUSE, a.ka. Mike Watton. You may have heard his last record, "La Vida Es Dificil Pero Bonita Cuando Hace Sol y el Cielo Es Una Mierda" released by Adonis, on WXYC last year around this time. We really loved it, and we think that you will too.

City Pages had this to say about Haunted House: "an intriguing blend of powerhouse pianos, propulsive percussion, crazy distorted keyboards and damn near indecipherable vocals (they sound as if theyÕre being sung though a megaphoneÑbut itÕs hard to tell). Spaced-out elevator music on some serious methamphetamineÑ Watton has penned the perfect soundtrack to accompany any future alien invasion (itÕs my belief he may already be speaking their language)."

After the interview, check HAUNTED HOUSE out live at Nightlight (405.5 West Rosemary Street in Chapel Hill) along with Chapel Hill's own Boyzone. Show starts at 11. See http://nightlight.dyss.net for more details.

WXYC 89.3 FM
http://www.wxyc.org

--

  • [wxyc-announce] HAUNTED HOUSE Live Tonight, wxyc-announce, 12/10/2005