wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This week on WXYC: JOHN LENNON, CHET ATKINS, and more...

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This week on WXYC: JOHN LENNON, CHET ATKINS, and more...
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:01:37 -0500 (EST)

WXYC 89.3 FM in Chapel Hill and live on the web at http://www.wxyc.org

Schedule in brief, scroll down for details:

JOHN LENNON on the Thursday Night Feature, Thursday 9 p.m. to midnight
CHET ATKINS on Hell or High Water, Sunday 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

JOHN LENNON on the Thursday Night Feature, Thursday 9 p.m. to midnight
25 years after his death, we explore the musical career of John Lennon. As we dig into both his solo output and his work with the Beatles, we'll also get a chance to hear rare bedroom recordings, radio appearances, alternate takes, tape experiments, studio outtakes, and more, including lots of Lost Lennon Tapes material. Tune in as we pay tribute to one of rock music's most influential and revered musicians.

CHET ATKINS on Hell or High Water, Sunday 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
This week's Hell or High Water will feature guitarist Chet Atkins. Credited with developing and popularizing the Nashville Sound, the crossover country music style that incorporated elements of pop music, Atkins was a virtuoso picker as well as an influential producer who worked steadily throughout the 50s, 60s, 70s & 80s.

Also this week and every week:

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL
tradiitonal and neo-traditional music of the world
Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

BROKEN MUSIC
Sundays, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Longer and/or more difficult pieces of music that may not otherwise fit into WXYC's programming have a home here.

STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT SHOW/TEAM HUMAN EXPERIMENTAL AUDIO T.H.E.A.T.R.ICAL
RADIO EXPLOSION
On alternating weeks, listeners can hear either the Student Body President
Show, a news show hosted by UNC's student body president or Team Human
Experimental Audio T.H.E.A.T.R.Ical, WXYC's radio drama
Sundays, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.

BACKYARD BBQ
music from NC's finest, as well as interviews with local musicians
Sundays, 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.

SPORTS RAP
WXYC's sports talk show
Sundays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
a live electronic mix
Sundays, 10 p.m. to midnight

THE NEW MUSIC SHOW
tune in to hear what's new
Mondays, 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

THE INSIDE TRACK
a new release is played in full
Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 p.m.

WXYC 89.3 FM
http://www.wxyc.org
--

  • [wxyc-announce] This week on WXYC: JOHN LENNON, CHET ATKINS, and more..., wxyc-announce, 12/08/2005