wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week: BEST OF 2004, CLASSIC CLARINETISTS, and more!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week: BEST OF 2004, CLASSIC CLARINETISTS, and more!
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:45:19 -0500 (EST)

WXYC 89.3 FM -- in Chapel Hill and on the Web at http://www.wxyc.org

Schedule in brief, scroll down for details:
Thursday, 9 p.m. to midnight: BEST OF 2004 on the Thursday Night Feature
Sunday, 1 to 2 p.m.: CLASSIC CLARINETISTS on Hell or High Water

BEST OF 2004 (with PRIZE OPPORTUNITIES!) on the Thursday Night Feature: Thursday, 9 p.m. to midnight
Tune in tonight as we recap the Top 20 releases of 2004, as chosen by the WXYC staff. We'll play selections from each album, starting from #20 and going all the way through to #1. We will also have a contest in which listeners have the opportunity to win our #1 and #2 picks; don't miss it!

CLASSIC CLARINETISTS on Hell or High Water: Sunday, 1 to 2 p.m.
This week's Hell or High Water will focus on clarinet players -- especially Dixieland performers -- from the first half of the 20th century, including Albert Nicholas, Wilton Crawley, Pee Wee Russell, and more.

Also this week and every week:

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL: Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
traditional and neo-traditional music of the world

BROKEN MUSIC: Sunday, 2 to 3 p.m.
longer, more "difficult" pieces

CHEW THE FAT WITH CHARLIE & MATT: every other Sunday, 5 to 6 p.m.
news show hosted by UNC's student body president

INDYMEDIA NEWS: every other Sunday, 5 to 6 p.m.
news/talk show produced by the North Carolina Independent Media Center

BACKYARD BARBEQUE: Sunday, 8 to 9 p.m.
current music from North Carolina's finest, as well as older records from the region

SPORTS RAP: Sunday, 9 to 10 p.m.
live UNC sports talk

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE: Sunday 10 p.m. to midnight
a live electronic mix

INSIDE TRACK: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 p.m.
a new release is played in full

WXYC 89.3 FM
http://www.wxyc.org
offering MP3, OGG, and Realaudio streams

--

  • [wxyc-announce] This Week: BEST OF 2004, CLASSIC CLARINETISTS, and more!, wxyc-announce, 02/03/2005