wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] Special Programs Today - Sunday!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] Special Programs Today - Sunday!
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 15:28:41 -0500 (EST)

WXYC 89.3 FM - in Chapel Hill and live on the Web at http://www.wxyc.org

Today's Special Programs:

UNC-CH STUDENT BODY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES on In Step With Tepp, 5-6 p.m.
On our 2nd installment of this brand new talk show, UNC SBP Matt Tepper
interviews the 8 students gunning for his job in 2004-2005. They are Matt
Calabria, Ashley Castevens, Matt Compton, Matt Liles, Faudlin Pierre,
Laura Thomas, John Walker, and Lily West. Tune in to hear the candidates
discuss their views on important issues!

SURGE CONFERENCE 2004 RECAP on part I of the Sunday Surprise, 6-7 p.m.
The 2004 National SURGE (Students United for a Responsible Global
Environment) Conference is winding down here on the UNC-CH campus after a
weekend of workshops, discussions, and speakers. Representatives will be
live in our studios reviewing the weekend's highlights.

VINTAGE RADIO BROADCASTS on part II of the Sunday Surprise, 7-8 p.m.
Three choice broadcasts from way back when: a teen comedy from 1948, a
very old commercial for one of Chapel Hill's favorite beverages, and a
sci-fi program from 1955. Tune in and be surprised!

Also today and every Sunday:
-BACKYARD BARBEQUE: current music from North Carolina's finest, as well as
older records from the region, 8-9 p.m.
-SPORTS RAP: live UNC sports talk, 9-10 p.m.
-NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE: a live electronic mix, 10 p.m.-12 a.m.

And every other Sunday but not today:
-INDYMEDIA NEWS: news/talk show produced by the North Carolina Independent
Media Center, 6-7 p.m.

  • [wxyc-announce] Special Programs Today - Sunday!, wxyc-announce, 02/08/2004