wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This week: NEAL POLLACK, CASS MCCOMBS, NEW LOST CITY RAMBLERS, DYSSEMBLER and more!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This week: NEAL POLLACK, CASS MCCOMBS, NEW LOST CITY RAMBLERS, DYSSEMBLER and more!
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:40:22 -0400 (EDT)

WXYC 89.3 FM - in Chapel Hill and live on the Web at http://www.wxyc.org

Schedule in brief, scroll down for details:
Friday, 10 p.m.: DYSSEMBLER at Nightlight
Saturday, 9 p.m.: Live On-Air Interview with CASS MCCOMBS
Sunday, 1 p.m.: NEW LOST CITY RAMBLERS on Hell or High Water
Monday, 12-7 p.m.: Win a Free Copy of Neal Pollack's New Book
NEVER MIND THE POLLACKS

DYSSEMBLER at Nightlight, Friday 10 p.m.
Join us as we come together with Chapel Hill's electronic music collective
DYSSEMBLER at Nightlight on Friday for an evening of dancemania!
Nightlight is located at 405 1/2 West Rosemary Street in Chapel Hill. For
more information, see http://dyss.net/nightlight.

Live On-Air Interview with CASS MCCOMBS, Saturday 9 p.m.
Join us as we welcome folky singer-songwriter CASS MCCOMBS to our studio!
We will be discussing his album "A," which was released this summer on
Baltimore's Monitor Records, and was a big hit on WXYC. We will also talk
about what to expect at his performance later that night at Local 506,
where he will be joined by Audubon Park and Holy Roman Empire. Listen in
to win a pair tickets to the show! Local 506 is located at 506 West
Franklin Street in Chapel Hill. Fore more information, see
http://www.local506.com.

EMMETT MILLER on Hell or High Water, Sunday 1 p.m.-2 p.m.
This week, we present the New Lost City Ramblers. Formed in 1958, the
Ramblers infused the Folk Revival scene with the sounds of 1920s string
bands. We'll focus on the early studio and live recordings of the original
lineup of Mike Seeger, John Cohen and Tom Paley.

Win a Free Copy of Neal Pollack's New Book NEVER MIND THE BULLOCKS,
Monday, 12-7 p.m.
Listen in for your chance to win as DJs give away copies of American
novelist Neal Pollack's newest book NEVER MIND THE POLLACKS. Pollack will
be playing a free concert with his band The Neal Pollack Invasion on
Monday, October 6 in Gerrard Hall on UNC's campus at 7 p.m. This event is
co-sponsored by Bull's Head Book Shop and CUAB.

Also this week and every week:
-ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL: traditional and neo-traditional music of the
world, Sunday 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
-HELL OR HIGH WATER: explores a theme rooted in the folk traditions of the
Southern US and beyond, Sunday 1-2 p.m.
-BROKEN MUSIC: longer, more "difficult" pieces, Sunday 2-3 p.m.
-BACKYARD BARBEQUE: current music from North Carolina's finest, as well as
older records from the region, Sunday 7-8 p.m. On the web at,
http://www.unc.edu/~jenseits/BBQ/BackyardBBQmenu.html
-SPORTS RAP: live UNC sports talk, Sunday 9-10 p.m.
-NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE: a live electronic mix, Sunday 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
-THE NEW MUSIC SHOW: spotlight on new releases right out of the mail bin,
Monday 9-10 p.m.
-INSIDE TRACK: a new release is played in full, Wednesday 9 p.m.

WXYC 89.3 FM
http://www.wxyc.org

  • [wxyc-announce] This week: NEAL POLLACK, CASS MCCOMBS, NEW LOST CITY RAMBLERS, DYSSEMBLER and more!, wxyc-announce, 10/02/2003