wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] WXYC's Fall Events and Schedule!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] WXYC's Fall Events and Schedule!
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:19:56 -0400 (EDT)

WXYC 89.3 FM - in Chapel Hill and live on the Web at www.wxyc.org

WXYC celebrates Fall with events galore and a brand-spanking-new specialty
programming schedule.

On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, we will open our doors to the
public. Come by for free refreshments and mouth-watering tours. OPEN HOUSE
both days from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4-7 p.m., so check us out if you don't
know us by now!

If you want to be a WXYC DJ, come to an INTEREST MEETING on Tuesday,
September 2nd at 7 p.m. in the Union Auditorium, which is in the older
building of the UNC Student Union. To be eligible, you must be a current
UNC-CH student. That means undegraduate or graduate or professional or
whatever.

We have tweaked our SPECIALTY PROGRAMMING schedule for your listening
pleasure. Note these new times and descriptions.
(Weekly topics go out by e-mail every Wednesday. In addition to the
programs listed below, we air live interviews with touring musicians as
much as possible. Details are found in the same weekly e-mails.)

NEW MUSIC SHOW, Mondays 9-10 p.m.
dynamic hosts talk about and spin fresh sounds straight from the mail bin

THE INSIDE TRACK, Wednesdays 9-10 p.m.
a brand new record all the way through

THURSDAY NIGHT FEATURE, Thursdays 9 p.m.-midnight
DJs pick deep or whimsical topics to explore, like NC funk or songs about
summer

BACKYARD BARBECUE, Fridays 5-7 p.m.
1 hour for playing new local records and talking to the folks that make
them; another for previewing the weekend's club and concert attractions

ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL, Sundays 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
roots music from around the world on WXYC's longest running program

HELL OR HIGHWATER, Sundays 1-2 p.m.
one-of-a-kind 78s, field recordings, LPs, and tapes from UNC's Southern
Folklife Collection

BROKEN MUSIC, Sundays 2-3 p.m.
longer, "difficult" tracks that are typically harder to feature during
regular programming

SPORTS RAP, Sundays 9-10 p.m.
call-in sports talk focusing on UNC athletics

NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE, Sundays 10 p.m.-midnight
live ambient, techno, hip-hip and house mixes with guest DJs

Questions? E-mail info AT wxyc.org

  • [wxyc-announce] WXYC's Fall Events and Schedule!, wxyc-announce, 08/25/2003