wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This week: Shoegazer Music, Russell and Nick from Go! Room 4, and more

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This week: Shoegazer Music, Russell and Nick from Go! Room 4, and more
  • Date: Wed Dec 11 21:45:00 2002

WXYC 89.3 FM - in Chapel Hill and live on the Web at www.wxyc.org

Schedule in brief, scroll down for details:
Thursday 9 p.m.: SHOEGAZER MUSIC on the Thursday Night Feature
Sunday 7-8 p.m.: RUSSELL AND NICK FROM GO! ROOM 4 on the Backyard BBQ

SHOEGAZER MUSIC on the Thursday Night Feature, Thursday
9 p.m.-midnight
On this week’s TNF we will reconsider the shoegazer music that spawn
out of the British indie-rock scene in the late 80’s. This was a
genre of music defined by the posture of the performers while they
created massive walls of sound. We’ll start from My Bloody Valentine,
The Cocteau Twins, and Lush, but we will try to consider many of the
different bands in this genre including Dinosaur Jr ., Slowdive, The
Verve, and Seefeel. Also, although some say shoegazing is dead, we
will explore the contemporary remnants to see how true this is.

RUSSELL AND NICK FROM GO! ROOM 4 on the Backyard BBQ, Sunday 7-8 p.m.
This is gonna be a special Local-Bands-the-Sound-Guys-at-Go!-Say-
Totally-Rock showcase. You may also know that Russell and Nick work
together at Russell's recording studio, Polyphonic Audio. They're
gonna bring in their own collection of music for this show, so you just
might get to hear some exclusive recordings, previously unavailable to
the general public, hot outta the oven from Polyphonic Audio. This BBQ
is gonna be cookin'!
http://www.unc.edu/~jenseits/BBQ/

Also this week and every week:
-THE INSIDE TRACK: a new release played in full Monday, Wednesday and
Friday, 9 p.m.
-ORANGE COUNTY SPECIAL: traditional and neo-traditional music of the
world, Sunday 10 a.m.-1 p.m
-HELL OR HIGH WATER: music from UNC's Southern Folklife Collection
Sunday 1-2 p.m.
-CLASSIC INSIDE TRACK: a classic release in full, Sunday 2-3 p.m.
-BROKEN MUSIC: longer, more "difficult" pieces Sunday 3-4 p.m.
-MAKING CONTACT and COUNTERSPIN: news programs from F.A.I.R. (Fairness
and Accuracy In Reporting) Sunday 4-5 p.m.
-NORTHERN HEMISPHERE LIVE: issues-based live talk Sunday 5-7 p.m.
-BACKYARD BARBEQUE: North Carolina music culled from the fresh produce
from Chapel Hill's finest, as well as older records from N.C. bands of
the past, Sunday 7-8 p.m.
-THE NEW MUSIC SHOW: spotlight on new releases right out of the mail
bin, Sunday 8-9 p.m.
-SPORTS RAP: live UNC sports talk, Sunday 9-10 p.m.
-NEW SCIENCE EXPERIENCE: a live electronic mix, Sunday 10 p.m.-12 a.m.

WXYC 89.3 FM
www.wxyc.org

  • [wxyc-announce] This week: Shoegazer Music, Russell and Nick from Go! Room 4, and more, wxyc-announce-admin, 12/11/2002