wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] Internet radio in jeopardy -- act now!

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] Internet radio in jeopardy -- act now!
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:22:04 -0500 (EST)

The U.S. Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel recently proposed rules for
royalty payment and reporting by Internet radio stations, including
simulcasts of on-air stations such as ours. The proposed royalty payments
would be completely unaffordable for educational and community stations
like us, and the complex reporting requirements are beyond our means.

What these rules mean, if they take effect, is the END OF INTERNET
BROADCASTS for most college and community radio stations.

The comment period on the rule-making ends MONDAY, MARCH 11. If you enjoy
listening to our station online -- from your office in Research Triangle
Park or from the other side of the world -- please read and act now!

KRTU's comprehensive information page (Rice University):
http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~willr/cb/sos/

The official Copyright Arbitration Panel report (requires Acrobat Reader):
http://www.loc.gov/copyright/carp/webcasting_rates.pdf

Contact the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel: copyinfo AT loc.gov

  • [wxyc-announce] Internet radio in jeopardy -- act now!, wxyc-announce-admin, 03/04/2002