wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Organics, Movies and early closing!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Organics, Movies and early closing!
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:59:54 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!

News you can use!

We will be closing the store at 8pm on Thursday night. (The deli will close at 7pm.) We are having a staff appreciation party to celebrate our amazing successes over the past year. I'm really glad to be able to have a party like this and the staff is ecstatic! So, please tell your friends that we'll be closed at 8pm on Thursday September 29th with the deli closing at 7pm. Thanks for your understanding!

Wheatsville is sponsoring Movies in the Park over the next few weeks. Our friends at the Austin Parks Foundation and the Alamo Drafthouse have a Fall Family Favorites Film Series lined up. Kicking it off Tonight with The Goonies starting at around 7:30 in Republic Square Park. For more info see www.austinparks.org/moviesinthepark.html

Tomorrow Wednesday September 28th at 11 am, we are having a Healthy Vegetarian Eating Tour with Wheatsville member, Amy Tharp Nylund. The focus on this one will be Quick and easy meals for parents, families and singles on the go!
Amy will share some great recipes and tips on how to eat healthy and do it with little muss or fuss! (It will probably last about 1 hour...) For those of you that can't make a weekday gathering like this, we will be repeating the program in October, so look out for that!

Our next Member Appreciation Day is Saturday October 8th, so make a note of it!

In just a couple of weeks, we will be having another great party on Oct. 12th at the Zilker Clubhouse! Our Fall Member Gathering will be filled with food, fun, and information about our expansion project! Come for a wine tasting, pumpkin carving, delicious deli food eating and belly dancing and African drumming, too!
<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>SEPTEMBER 27 UPDATE on the Organic Food Production Act amendment...

Thanks to calls from concerned folks like you, we shut down the initial attempt to amend the Organic Food Production Act. No senator would sponsor the rider. This is good. THANK YOU!!
We are in “wait and see” mode now. We want all parties back at the negotiating table to work out a solution we can all live with. There may be another sneak attack in conference committee. Go to</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger><</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>www.organicconsumers.org</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>> to stay informed. We'll let you know if and when action is needed again.
Thank you to all our dedicated, concerned members for taking action. You were joined by tens of thousands of concerned citizens in this effort.

Don't forget to vote in the Board and Community Action election taking place NOW! www.wheatsville.coop/election/index.html</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>

So, we hope to see you at some upcoming events! Thanks again for supporting your community co-op grocery!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville e-mail guy and GM</x-tad-bigger>

  • [Wheatsville] Organics, Movies and early closing!, Dan Gillotte, 09/27/2005