unclug - [unclug] VMware job posting [abusalac@vmware.com: Networking for a Linux Engineer for VMware]

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cristóbal Palmer <cmpalmer AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: abusalac AT vmware.com
  • Subject: [unclug] VMware job posting [abusalac AT vmware.com: Networking for a Linux Engineer for VMware]
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:07:02 -0400

VMware is hiring. See description below. Mr. Busalacchi (below, CC'd)
can help you apply--please contact him directly.

-CMP

----- Forwarded message from Antonio Busalacchi <abusalac AT vmware.com> -----

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:17:01 -0700
From: Antonio Busalacchi <abusalac AT vmware.com>
To: "unclug-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org" <unclug-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Networking for a Linux Engineer for VMware

Hi,

I am trying to reach all the members of the UNC Linux User Group. My
hiring manager is looking for a passionate Linux developer that would
be interested in the role below. We are trying to target a student
with a graduation date in December, but we can look at students that
are graduating in May 2011 also. Please let me know if you can help
spread the word for me.

MTS - Member of Technical Staff (Linux Software Engineer) - Product
Infrastructure Team

About VMware:

VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure,
delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly
reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization's transition
to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and
enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising
control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its
industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to
energize their business through IT, while saving energy-financial,
human and the Earth's. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, VMware has
more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware's
award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of
excellence provide our 7,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide
with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an
early-stage innovator.

VMware's Product Infrastructure Team (PIT) is looking for a smart,
enthusiastic, software engineer with user-level linux software
development experience.

PIT is a group of engineers that work with a broad variety of
technologies, programming languages and platforms to solve problems
for all of VMware's products. The team develops innovative features
that span multiple products, writes standalone applications and
handles the packaging/installation required to ship VMware
products. They are very passionate about their work and are looking
for similarly motivated and flexible software engineers.

Requirements:

* Competent experience with one or more programming languages
(preferably C)
* Strong experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, and shell
are preferred)
* Knowledge of Linux packaging technologies (rpm, deb) and associated
repository utilities (yum, yast, apt, etc.)
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and work under schedule pressure
* Must intimately understand linux system configuration
* Must be a self-starter and have passion for their work

For extra credit...

* Involvement in Linux/Open Source community
* Familiarity with Linux application programming
* Hands-on experience with Solaris, BSD, and Mac OS

Antonio Busalacchi
R&D Sourcing Lead
VMware
Ph: 512.568.3792

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org

  • [unclug] VMware job posting [abusalac AT vmware.com: Networking for a Linux Engineer for VMware], Cristóbal Palmer, 09/27/2010