unclug - [unclug] error messages when installing nessus 2.0 on linux ws 3.0 with update enterprise edition

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cheryl Lytle <clytle AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] error messages when installing nessus 2.0 on linux ws 3.0 with update enterprise edition
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:59:58 -0400

When I try to install nessus, I am getting this message:

sh nessus-installer.sh
The command 'gtk-config' was not found in your $PATH.
The nessus client will be built without its GUI...

so I hit enter to continue and it continues and I get this:

x -- Compiling
libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
make[1]: *** [libpcap-nessus.la] Error 1
make: [pcap-make] Error 2 (ignored)
popen.c: In function `nessus_popen':
popen.c:111: warning: passing arg 2 of `execvp' from incompatible
pointer type
libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
make[1]: *** [libnessus.la] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
**** An error occured :/
Do you want to save the compilation log to analyze what went wrong ? [y]

I tried to save a log file, but I am not finding it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl A. Lytle
Assistant Director Instructional Technology
School of Information and Library Science
UNC-Chapel Hill