typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Bona Dish

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Bona Dish
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:43:15 -0700

OM ranked this among the top 2013 reissues:

" BONA DISH
The Zaragoza Tapes 1981-1982
(Captured Tracks)

This year we discovered (via our friends Captured Tracks) Bona Dish, a short-lived four-piece from early-'80s Hertfordshire, UK, who were releasing music at the height of the UK DIY-era that rivaled the best of Delta 5, Dolly Mixture, Marine Girls and Kleenex/LiLiPUT, which is just about some of the highest praise we can give to a record. The band was made up of two sets of art school couples who created songs with a perfect sense of economy, full of scrappy, melodic bass lines and angular, scratchy, metallic guitars, all which sounded like instant DIY classics to our ears.

Gotta get it.

  • [TypicalGirls] Bona Dish, Dina Hornreich, 12/16/2013